Fostering and promoting the sport of flat green bowls at all levels, providing opportunities for recreation, competition, and social interaction
 
Minutes of Alex,Exec, & GP committee. 1st April 2021

Minutes of Alex,Exec, & GP committee. 1st April 2021

Minutes of the Executive and General Purposes Committee meeting held on

Thursday 1st April2021held on Zoom. Meeting opened at 6.00 pm

In attendance President & Greens Manager John Clifford : Ladies Captain Felicity Kite

Secretary & Catering Julia Clifford : Bar & Facilities Manager

Treasurer. Brian Webber : Martin Pestel

Men’s Captain Danny Kite : Assistant Secretary Pat Butler

1. Apologies Member’s Rep. Julia Stanton Fixtures Manager John England

Ladies Vice Captain Sue Langelaan

2. Minutes of Meeting 18th March 2021

The minutes were accepted as a true record and signed by the President.

3. Matters arising from the minutes 18th March 2021

3.3. Risk Assessment and Disclaimer notices. Action Julia Clifford – ongoing

3.3. Artificial grass for ditches. Action – John and Julia Clifford – ongoing

3.5. Club Shirts. Fliss will give update at AOB. ActionFliss Kite – ongoing

3.5. Bowls wheelchair. Action – Julia Clifford – ongoing

3.4d. Dispute with Council. Awaiting Council response. Action – Brian Webber ongoing

4 (j) Purchase of cladding. Action – Martin Pestel – ongoing

5.a. SBA Rules regarding new players being allowed to play in League games are not clear. Danny will raise at their AGM on 10th April. Action – Danny Kite

4 & 5 All other Actions were either Complete or will be covered by Agenda Item 5. Open Day.

4. 2021 Subs.

Danny put forward a suggestion that, to those members eligible, we issue ‘vouchers’ which can only be spent at the club. Much discussion followed. Brian said that all members should pay the full amount for this season and it could be discussed at the next AGM. Danny’s suggestion of vouchers (to be known as ‘Alex Pounds’ )was agreed by the committee. Danny will include a reference in his next Newsletter. (Post Meeting Note – This was done 4th April.)

5. Open Day.

Danny started by going through the Plan. First was ‘Inform all members’ – Danny will include this in his next newsletter. (already done.) Marketing- Trifold Flyer produced by Fliss. Laminated copies will be distributed to various local agencies for display. This will also be included in our ‘Welcome Pack’ Radio/Papers adverts etc. Fliss mentioned that the requested sign (at bottom of Shakespeare Avenue) has not yet been installed.

Banners – Danny asked Julia to check the legality of displaying banners. By early May the ‘community groups’ – listed at end of Plan should be contacted and asked to display our advert. Pat will do this together with any other Facebook sites.

6. AOB + reports (if time permits)

a. Fliss reported that she had received a sample shirt and asked if any of the committee could meet up at the club to view and discuss. It was agreed that those who were able should meet up at 1.00 pm tomorrow (Friday 2nd April)

b. Danny reported that Somerset BA had cancelled all league games until 21 June. There will be no Promotion/Relegation this year. Suggested that the cancelled games be converted to ‘Friendlies’.

c. Danny advised that Bowls England had said that ‘organised’ events were allowable. To this end he said that he would be willing to attend the green if anyone wanted to have a practice/roll-up which will make it ‘legal’.

d. Danny stated that he had been trying to get us into Denton’s Directory but needed a ‘Post Code’ for the club. He has written to Royal Mail asking if we can have one.

7. Date & Time of next meeting.

The date for the next meeting will be Thursday 15th April 2021 at 6.00 pm on Zoom

Meeting closed at 7.20 pm.

Leave a Reply